Cumberland’s core focus is continuing to provide an exceptional level of service to our policyholders and independent agent partners as the COVID-19 health situation evolves and affects our communities. The Cumberland team is able to achieve these service levels while working remotely to practice social distancing.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local government health & safety recommendations. The rapidly evolving situation requires an agile response. Policyholders and agents can be assured that Cumberland will be here for you.
· Cumberland strongly encourages our policyholders to utilize credit card and electronic fund transfer (“EFT”) payment methods during the COVID-19 situation. Visit the following link for instructions on how to make a payment electronically: Make a Payment
· Cumberland is well capitalized (rated A- by AM Best). Cumberland’s promise of insurance protection will endure.
· Cumberlandmutual.com is available to you 24/7 to make a payment or submit a claim.
In an effort to promote the well-being of the community, we activated our business continuation plan earlier this week with the following enhanced measures:
· Remote Work: Cumberland has instituted a work from home policy for its employees. Remote work is a primary element of Cumberland’s business continuation plan and our ability to work remotely has been tested. We are confident that there will be no interruption in the level of service.
· Travel Limitations: We are recommending that employees limit all non-essential business travel during this situation.
We will continue to inform our stakeholders as the situation develops. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact us at 800 232-6992 or your independent agent.
Thank you for selecting Cumberland for your insurance needs. We hope that you and your families remain safe and healthy during this rapidly developing global health situation.« Back to General News Releases